Friday, March 15, 2013

Little Encouragements go a Long Way!

I have reached the end of week 1.  I am feeling far more encouraged and have felt the love of God in so many little things this week.  In clinic I had at least 1 little baby (under 1 year of age) every day - nothing wring, moms just wanted them checked.  There little smiles as they watched my lights brought joy to my heart! I have had several notes from friends letting me know that they are praying. Madam Eugene (the housekeeper/cook) and Beni (the day time gate guard) have been making sure I get fresh mango every day - they both know I love the mangoes.  Sara, Herrold, Christian, Marsha and Ken greet me with joy and hugs every day.  God has filled my week with blessing.

Today I went in to Port Au Prince to see a friend who lives on the north peninsula of Haiti.  Wesner is full of the joy of the Lord.  His contagious smile and true joy, not to mention his awesome hugs radiate the love of God to everyone around.  Had an awesome time with him, his wife Ingrid and their little baby Lyric.

I am looking forward to Monday morning when once again I will be greeted with a line of patients waiting patiently to be seen.  Please pray that the love of God would be seen through me as I smile and speak my very limited Kreyol, pray that they would walk away feeling the hope and encouragement that comes from our loving father in the little things every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment