Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bonjou tout moun.  It is 5:30 am here in Haiti - there is a lot on mind.  Had a good clinic yesterday - saw 50 patients.  There was one young man who broke me heart - his complaint was that after receiving an injection of some sort for vomiting his vision became blurry and then he lost his sight.  He now sees only light.  This happened about 1 week ago.  Please pray for this young man.  It is hard to be blind and even harder in a country such as Haiti.

How many of us are spiritually blind and yet try to navigate life on this earth?  Without God there truly is no hope.  I look at this young man and ask why?  I don't know why, but I do know that I serve a great, all knowing, loving God who has a reason for everything He allows.

I am also struggling with the question of am I making a difference?  Why am I here in Haiti?  There is so much need and so little that I do.  Most important - with my limited language do the people really know that it is my faith in God that brings me here?   That without God there truly is no hope?  Do they see the love of God through me? Am I really loving my patients or am I just going through the motions?  Pray  that I would make a difference in someones life today.

Mesi and Bondye beni ou!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lori.
    You are making a difference in the life of every single patient you see and every single person you come into contact with. Praying that God will continue to shine his light through you. Keep up the good work!
    Tim B.

    ReplyDelete